Job Title: Grant Administrator I Job ID: 518254
Location: Modesto A. Maidique Campus Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Close Date: 07/03/2019
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Grant Administrator I coordinates the administrative process for an assigned unit/department that includes pre-award and post-award administration activities of grants and contracts awarded to the University. Works with Principal Investigators on the most efficient ways to achieve an effective quality proposal and coordinates a timely submission process, ensuring appropriate approvals. Monitors budgets and spending, process expenditures and provides ethical management of funds.
- Assists with the complex pre-award and post-award administration of grants for CIARA by assisting the Assistant Vice President of Technology Augmented Research (AVP) with the submission of research proposals.
- Assists the Grants Administrator II by serving as a liaison between the Principal Investigators and the Office of Research and Economic Development to assist the AVP/PIs with the completion of all post-award requirements for grants, including generating and implementing subcontracts and sub-awards and submitting payroll forms to allocate effort to the key personnel on each grant.
- Provides support for internal operating procedures for CIARA including budgetary spreadsheets, payroll and payroll allocations, asset management and travel arrangements.
- Reconciles credit card expenses. Ensures reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and that all documentation and procedure requirements are met.
- Reviews and reconciles all expenditures in the final closeout of projects. Generates expenditure reports on grants for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to the sponsors.
- Serves as a liaison between CIARA and Accounts Payables to process payments in a timely manner. Handles deposits of payments received.
- Assists the CIARA Grants Administrator II to evaluate expenditure documents according to federal, state and university guidelines related to processing requisitions utilizing PantherSoft, preparing Smart bills, preparation, and payment of invoices. Works with vendors as required to ensure timely procurement of goods and/or services, including that assisting vendors with the FIU Vendor Application process.
- Serves as a liaison between CIARA and other areas of the University (e.g. Controller Office) to ensure that vendor applications are submitted and implemented in a timely manner, that quotes, sole sources, agreements and other requirements for Purchase Orders are met, and the handling of all documentation required for Asset Management.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments, video and teleconferences for the Center’s AVP and senior personnel as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- 2 years of financial and/or accounting experience.
$35,000 – $40,000, commensurate with experience
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process.
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2016/04/Campus_Security_Report__Safety_Guide.pdf.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.